Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Stories Need Love - Playing With Fire

We're so excited that this segment is taking off. We love plugging your under appreciated fics, so if you have a fic that fits this blog's criteria and it's not feeling the love, e-mail us your link and we'll feature it here. jaspersnaughtygirls@gmail.com

This week we feature a darker, more tortured Edward. The story  is currently two chapters in...

Playing With Fire by kleepalmer

Full Summary: Bella Swan has been writing an untold story in her head since she was a child, only finally bringing it to life at the age of eighteen. Now, four years later, Bella's manuscript is placed in the sought-after hands of Mr. E. A. Cullen, a highly-regarded book publisher in Seattle. After countless late nights at the office and not-so-subtle advances made by Mr. Cullen himself, love blossoms… only to be ripped to shreds when Mr. Cullen's business and personal life is destroyed and he is forced to relocate. Will Bella and Edward make the essential decision that will hold their burning flame, or will distance and the death of a dear friend finally crack Mr. Cullen and render him incapable of loving at all?

Slightly OOC, AU, AH.

Cullen818 - The intro to  the story is a teaser of things to come. I thought that was a clever way to draw the reader in., and now I'm interested to find out exactly what point the snippet will occur in the story. Chapter two starts the actual fic, and I love how kleepalmer brings Edward and Bella together. I especially liked EPOV. He seems intense and knows what he wants. The story has a great hook, and seems well thought out even after reading just two chapters. I'm anxious to see where this is headed.

TwiCarol - WOW! That was my immediate reaction to the prologue... it was a fantastic start, that had me hooked from the very beginning and breathless with shock by the end of the intro. The first proper chapter is just as great and I am really looking forward to reading more. It's different and original, and you should go read it RIGHT NOW! This story deserves lots of love. Please go leave it some. I have no doubt that you will be just as eager as I am to know what happens next.

JaspersDarlinKathy - What can I say about this fic? I love what the author has so far. Two chapters in and I am hoping that the third chapter is posted soon. I won't give away much with my review except you've gotta go and read this amazing Edward/Bella fic. So go on and go read it. Edward is very sexy and irresistable in this fic. Will Bella be able to resist him? I know I wouldn't be able to.

1 comment:

  1. you ladies are far too kind with your reviews. thank you so much, and in case you were wondering, the next chapter is now posted. ;)

    you're the best. <333

    - kleepalmer

    ReplyDelete