Friday, March 5, 2010

Our Deepest Sympathy


As many of you may have heard the Fandom lost a brilliant author this week. 4lettrwrd passed away suddenly, and we were very sorry to hear of it. We would like to offer her friends and family our condolences.

Cullen818 - I didn't know Ke that well at all, but a few weeks ago she sent us the above banner. She said she was bored and felt like making it for us, and hoped that we liked it. We corresponded in e-mail that day and she told me of her plans to rework Visceral and repost it. I was really looking forward to that, and I'm sad that will never happen. She seemed like a really kind person, and I'm sorry I didn't get to know her better.

JaspersDarlinKathy - I didn't know Ke that well either, but she will be forever remembered. I was lucky enough to have been able to read some of Visceral. Ke seemed like a wonderful person and I am sorry to know that she will no longer be with us. She will be greatly missed, but her memory will remain. I would like to extend my condolences to all her family and friends.

TwiCarol - It was with great shock that I learned the news of Ke's passing. The first fellow South African that I found in FF (there aren't many of us), and she had written such a wonderful story, Visceral. I immediately left her a review in Afrikaans (our second language) and she told me that she was thrilled when she got the review. We used to chat on Twitter sometimes, always in Afrikaans and she was a lovely lady. She will be sorely missed. It is truly sad that we will never get to see Visceral completed. My deepest condolences go out to her family and friends during this very difficult time.

Rus in vrede, meisie. Ons sal jou baie mis.
Rest in peace, Ke. You will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment