Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tie Me Up and Tease Me Thursday


Have a teaser for us? Remember to e-mail it by Wednesday evening.

 Why Not by Cullen818
Jasper/Edward

This is a little teaser to my o/s I wrote for Ther Fandom Against Domestic Violence. It'll be posted tomorrow...

EPOV

“Dr. Whitlock,” I said. “I’m sure we can appreciate that we’re both busy men, so if there isn’t anything else, I’d like to go home. I have a rather early morning.”



“I can appreciate that.” He smiled and his teeth were so incredibly white.

Why I hadn’t noticed that before?

“Anyway,” he said. “It’s my job to make sure that every student in here comes away with the proper understanding of the course material and since you don’t actively participate, I wanted to make sure you were getting it. I can’t exactly sign off on your paperwork and hand it in to the judge if I’m not convinced.”

“Are you kidding me?” I asked. “Don’t play games with me. You have my file and you know why I’m here.”

“You pled guilty to assault and battery charges. You broke into a man’s home and ripped him from his bed and beat him within an inch of his life. That’s not normal behavior. It wasn’t even self-defense.”

“Not self-defense for me,” I mumbled.

“Care to elaborate?” he asked.

“Not really,” I said. “I pled guilty, and I’m fulfilling my court appointed obligation. I sincerely hope you don’t stand in my way.” I didn’t want to make an enemy of the good doctor, but I was sure I could find something in his past that would make him go away.

“You’re very defensive,” he noted. “Perhaps I’m just curious.”

“About?” I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

He looked at me; mouth slightly agape before he realized I was staring back. He cleared his throat and looked past my shoulder.

“What are you curious about, Dr. Whitlock?” I asked again.

“How such an influential member of this community would end up here?” he asked. “You don’t seem like the type of person who goes around beating on people. You’re an extremely successful attorney with a reputation to protect.”

“So, you know who I am?” I asked, slightly amused.

“You’re hard to miss,” he said. “You’ve had some pretty high profile clients.”

“So, then you see why I like my privacy.”

“You didn’t answer my question,” he said as he stood up and faced me. We were about the same height and for the first time I noticed just how toned his body was.

I didn’t understand why he was so distracting all of a sudden.

He was a guy, for Christ’s sake.


 




Chapter 2 - Inner Struggle

BPOV
I threw myself on my bed. I was just so frustrated. Alice had been driving me crazy with questions, she wanted me to call him, she says it would all work out, her and her damn sixth sense. She really thinks she knows everything, it's starting to really piss me off. Well, this was great, obsessing over this was not helping me to not think about him. Urrrrrrg.
I didn't know what to do. I want to call him, but I was afraid if I did the vivacious cycle would begin. Letting someone get close would leave you vulnerable. Being vulnerable would cause you to let your guard down. When you let your guard down, they could hurt you. This is was why I didn't do feelings. A conversation with my ran through my mind on a loop. Bella, you can't live the rest of your life in a fog of no feelings. You eventually have to start and fell again if you want to get pass this.
I let out a loud sigh. Do I want to get passed this? Do I want to feel again? Feeling numb is safe, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment