Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TwiCarol's Surprise Post

 

Okay, so this is only a surprise for Steph (Cullen818) and Kathy (Jasper's Darlin' Kathy), since they don't actually know what I am going to be doing in this post. Sooo... SURPRISE!

As many of you may already know, the lovely ladies over at the Jasper's Darlin's blog recently held their second "Everything's Bigger In Texas" Contest for the very best Jasper fics out there. For a full list of winners, click HERE.

Well, my point is this... I am extremely thrilled for my fellow Naughty Girls, as they won in the "Darkest Fic" Category for their completely f*ckhawt Darksper/Darkward fic, You'll Be Mine. If you are a follower of this fic, you will know just how fantastic it is, and if you aren't reading it yet, well, WHAT are you waiting for? Go... go now... click the link... read it... I'll wait for you to come back. I'll be staring at this banner in the meantime... *sigh*
Summary - Jasper is the one to leave after Bella's B-day but he can't seem to stay away. Who does Bella want? Can Jasper give her what Edward can't? Dark/Dominant Jasper. A joint effort between Jasper's Darlin' Kathy & Cullen818.

Oh, hey, you're back! Excellent! Wasn't it a great read? So who did you fancy more... Darksper or Darkward? Since Jasper owns my heart, Darksper is my fave, natch. But, let's face it, their Darkward is just as hot.

Now, not only did Steph win as part of Jasper's Naughty Girls, she also won in two categories for her own fics. Innocence Lost won in the "This Fic Is Going Places" category, and Love Will Keep Us There won in the "Best WTF Moment" category.
Summary - Edward finally gives into Bella's desires, but it alters him so completely. Can Bella handle this new side of Edward? It gets so bad that Jasper finally has to step in and save her from the darkness. Eventually a Team Jasper story. Lots of Darkward!

What can I say about Innocence Lost? Ummm... it's really brilliant and you are completely missing out if you aren't reading it. There is so much more awesomeness to come in this fic, and you just KNOW that it's only a matter of time until we'll be getting more of that famous Cullen818 drama. You know you love it! I do too! And I'm not just saying all of this because Steph is my friend and I beta for her. I really, REALLY mean it. Steph weaves a tale like no other and her stories (ALL.OF.THEM) are a joy to behold. I have read a lot of Fan Fiction (and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT), and I can honestly say that Cullen818 is one of the best writers out there. Steph would say I'm biased, but I just say I speak the truth. ;)  And besides all of that, she is one of the nicest, most genuine and kind people I know.

Summary - Newborn Bella is experiencing things that no vampire should.Something is terribly wrong, but what? Can the Whitlock's figure it out and overcome the obstacles that come with it? Sequel to Fate Has Brought Us Here-READ THAT FIRST! Team Jasper Story!

Ah, Love Will Keep Us There... the second installment in the definitive Jasper/Bella Trilogy. If you have not read this, then frankly, I just don't know what to say to you. *shakes head sadly* Please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and go read them. It all started with Fate Has Brought Us Here, which is the fic that turned me from Team Edward to Team Jasper. How can you not fall in love with Jasper, after reading this? It's just not possible. Then Steph brought us Love Will Keep Us There, which is now sitting on over 4000 reviews. Isn't that amazing? Finally (or not so finally, hopefully *hint hint* 4!), Steph gave us Hope Will Bring Us Home, another truly superb installment, which will always hold a special place in my heart, since I got to read each chapter before it was posted. :P Now, I was going to talk more about the moment in Chapter 7 of Love Will Keep Us There that won this category for Steph, but I don't want to give anything away in case you haven't read it. I just want to say this... that first word that may jump into your mind for what Edward does, it's not like that. Dude was just messed up over everything else that was going on and he wasn't thinking clearly AT ALL. He's not a bad guy, he just made a HUGE mistake. Steph has this incredible way of redeeming characters and you should always trust her, she knows exactly what she's doing.

So, in closing, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Steph and Kathy for their wins. They are well-deserved and I am really happy for them both. Love you ladies loads. :)

1 comment:

  1. OMJ! Carol? What can I say? Thanks doesn't really cover it, but it never does with you! I seem to be at a loss for words, and really, when does that ever happen? Thanks for the praise (you are biased lol) but I really appreciate your kind words. I write for readers like you. If someone enjoys my work then I'm happy! Thanks for being a great friend and beta! That goes for you too Kathy (my fellow writing partner).

    I want to take this opportuniy to thank all of the readers who nominated and voted for these stories! I was flattered to be nominated and never expected to win one let alone three categories. Love Will Keep Us There is my absolute fave fic that I've written and I took so much critism over chapter 7, so to have won in that category, well, you have no idea just how thrilled I am. That chapter almost made me pull the fic! So,thank you!

    On a side note...we are working on the next chapter of YBM and hope to have it up very soon. Thanks for your patience.

    Hmm...looking back at my comment, I guess I wasn't at a loss for words after all.

    ReplyDelete