Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tie Me Up and Tease me Thursday





She Talks to Angels by racejunkie

JPOV

“Major, look at the track marks on her arms. This girl’s been using,” Peter whispered before I could cover her with my jacket.


My eyes were drawn to the many scars littering Bella’s body. I could feel the anger building back up when I thought about how her body had been used. I looked into Peter’s eyes and saw the sorrow that was there. It was one thing to be a vampire and be riddled with bite marks, but Bella was a human…I shared his sorrow.

Charlotte gently took the jacket from my hands and covered Bella with it. She turned to me, hatred in her crimson eyes. “Jasper, we’re not taking her back. I’ll fight every motherfucking vampire out there if I have to.”

Peter put his arm around his wife and pulled her to him. “I have to agree with Char, Major. It’s only a matter of time before someone slips up and drains her dry.”


I sat on the couch next to Bella, running the back of my hand down her cheek. I didn’t want to imagine what she had gone through, but the scars and track marks told the story. I was pulled between wanting her to wake up so she could tell me what the hell had happened to her and wanting her to stay unconscious, so I didn’t have to know. One thing I was sure of was that it was our fault, my fault, that she was in the position she was in. It was my responsibility to keep her safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment