Friday, November 19, 2010

Tie Me Up and Tease Me Thursday on Friday...


I think we had a posting mishap yesterday and the Friday Lemon Drizzle went Thursday, so teasers go today. Maybe you'll find a story here that will interest you...

Edward/Bella


“Please, enough with the ‘Chief Swan’ tonight,” he interrupted. He blew out a breath and smirked, his mustache twitching. “I think we passed formalities about two hours ago. Just call me Charlie.”

I grinned widely at him and jumped to pull him up into a hug, laughing. I quickly released him and he stumbled back, dropping into his chair again. His eyes were round and he chuckled nervously, patting my arm.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself,” I explained unabashedly. “I just know we’re going to be close.”

“Alice, I think you need to explain what you know. We all need to know what’s going on and how this affects Bella and Edward,” Carlisle stated as he approached. He turned and held out his hand. “Please forgive my daughter. She gets a little exuberant when she’s excited about something. You see, Alice has the gift of sight. She can see the future and the past. Evidently she looked into Bella’s past and found something of importance.” He turned back to me. “Please Alice, I think it’s time for explanations. Bella and her father are not like us and it’s very late.”

“Of course, I’m sorry.” I turned to face everyone, smiling at seeing Bella again seated with Edward perching protectively beside her. He and Sam, Chief Black and Jacob Black continued to glare daggers across the room at each other as he ran his fingers continually through Bella’s hair. I shook my head in bemusement at his actions. Sometimes I forget that part of him is still a seventeen year old boy.

I took an unnecessary breath as I launched into the explanation Bella needed. “First let me explain my gift. I can’t see the past or future of just anyone; it has to be someone who crosses the path of someone I know. There are too many people in the world for me to just randomly pick a name out of a phone book or something like that. My gift needs a starting place, so to speak. In Bella’s case that starting point was Edward. In looking into his future I saw Bella and was then able to see her future and trace back her past to find her.”

“Um, my future?” Bella asked, confused. “Like if I’m going to be valedictorian next year or where I’m going to go to college, if I’m going to get a scholarship? That kind of thing?”

I smiled at her and nodded. “That and a whole lot more, actually. I saw your wedding.”

Her eyes widened at me before looking up at Edward who was grinning back down at her. Her cheeks turned red as she quickly looked away from him and swallowed nervously.

“Um, okay, what else did you see?” she asked nervously, changing the subject.

I knew this next part might be hard for her to accept, but clung to the knowledge that she’d be able to handle it.

“Bella, what do you know of vampires and werewolves?” I asked carefully. I wanted Bella to draw her own conclusions and not be led by anyone’s prejudices or opinions.

Her gaze shifted to her father before settling on Chief Black. I noticed he sat straighter in his chair, his chin jutting out forcefully. I could almost hear the wheels turning in her head as she put the pieces together for herself. Her gaze settled back on her father again who grimaced under her stare before giving her a slight nod. She let her gaze then shift to look at each person in the room, really looking at them before moving on to the next person. She finally turned her gaze on Edward beside her. His hand was still stroking her hair while he waited anxiously for her to say something.

She took a deep breath. “You’re not going to drink my blood are you?” she asked half seriously.


Jasper/Bella


Chapter 23 - Happy Holidays

BPOV

I saw Rosalie and Emmett laughing and cuddling in the family room. She was sitting in his lap and he was feeding her a chocolate-covered strawberry. It was as if they were sharing an intimate moment in the middle of all of these people, but it didn’t matter to them. They only had eyes for one another. They looked so in love and I couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. I knew that was selfish because I had Jasper and we were being blessed with our beautiful little girl, but watching Rose and Emmett created a sense of longing in me. They had been together for such a long time and now they were planning a wedding and a future. I knew I had a future with Jasper, but it didn’t seem as solid as the one Rose and Emmett were creating. Maybe it was because they were truly committing to one another? I knew I couldn’t expect that from Jasper, not yet anyway, but I could still hope.



“He’ll never look at you the way Emmett does Rose.” I didn’t even realize Alice was standing next to me, much less watching me. ”Jasper’s just not capable of that.”


I turned and looked at her. “How would you know?” I really wasn’t in the mood for her. I was tired, my feet and back hurt and I was starting to get a headache.


“I know him better than you think.” She laughed. “I’ve been putting up with his nonsense for years.”


“Well, whose fault is that?” I said in a quiet but firm voice. It was time to mark my territory.


Jasper/Bella

Chapter 4 - Neon Moon

BPOV


“Okay Bella spill, care to explain what I walked in on? What is going on between you and this Jasper guy, whom you have known for twenty-fours?” she asked.




“I don't know Alice, I mean, I don't know how to explain this?” I'm rambling, great.




“Start from the beginning."





I took a deep breath, “ When I meet him yesterday, and there was this strange feeling I had...I can't explain it really...I was drawn to him. I know it sounds stupid.” I threw my hands in the air.




“Go on,” she said motioning with her hands.


“So the day went on and we flirted and he asked me to have dinner with him because he knew I was alone. I said yes,” I took another deep breath.


“And,” she said, getting impatient.


“We started talking and he asks some questions about me, and of course I freaked. So, I stood up and walked over to the window, I guess to put space between us. He followed me, and it was like a magnetic force was pulling me toward him. Before I knew what has happening his lips were on mine, and my head was spinning. I couldn't think."


“Isabella Marie Swan, you had sex with him didn't you?” she said with her hands on hips.


“Yes,” I said in a whisper.


“Oh...my...god! How was it? How do you feel about him? How does he feel about you?” Alice kept throwing the questions at me faster then I could answer them.




“Alice take a deep breath,” I said laughing.


“Well,” she said tapping her foot.




“It was amazing, beyond anything I thought possible.” 

Jasper/Bella


I focused on staying as silent as possible. Even though I knew it was dangerous to sneak up on a newborn, I needed insight. Was she completely insane? I had seen humans completely lose all traces of sanity after undergoing the change and they had to be destroyed. Would Bella be the same?


The moonlight filtered through the window, casting an eerie glow over the grisly scene before me. Bella was placing the corpses around her in a circle. Every inch of her exposed upper body had been bathed in blood. She no longer resembled Bella Swan, instead she had become Elizabeth Bathory, the Countess of Blood.




I sighed, giving myself away in the process, but not caring. I was almost positive she had lost her mind completely, meaning that I would have to send her to the final death I had so desperately tried to save her from. She turned quickly when I exhaled, a trickle of embarrassment seeping from her as she scanned my face before glancing down at her naked breasts. She turned away and ignored me completely, continuing her conversation with the corpses she had just feasted upon.




But, that single spike of embarrassment had told me what I needed to know: Bella Swan was still in there somewhere.


E-mail us your teasers and we'll post them here on Thursday!









No comments:

Post a Comment