Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TwiCarol Brings You Some Midweek Light In The Dark


Don't Fear the Reaper by DoUFlanMe
Edward/Bella

Summary - Edward tells Bella she's dead, and it sounds plausible. Also, he's really hot. Knights sometimes ride in on white hearses. A twisted tale of a mortician and the woman he loves. An undertaking between DoUTrustMe and BellaFlan. AH, OOC, Dark comedy.

I have had this fic in my TBR file for a while now, but I hadn't gotten around to reading it yet. Then I saw it rec'd on the lovely FL95's blog Bullshit Fuckery & I just had to get reading ASAP. I am so, SO glad that I did.  The absolute... brilliance... of this story just blew me away. Seriously. It is a collaboration between the fantastic DoUTrustMe, author of one of my fave fics ever Died and Gone to Heaven & the yummy Blame it on Rio, and the wonderful BellaFlan, author of the superb Becoming Bella Swan & Stigmata Tomato. This is what it says on their joint author page - Mission statement: to create inappropriate comedy using Bella and Edward... and dead bodies. Yep. You read this correctly. Dead bodies. It may be inappropriate, but it is pure comedic genius & well worth reading. I laughed so hard, I couldn't breathe. It was awesome! I don't have enough words to describe how amazing & original this fic is. I could tell you about the characters & their quirks, but it won't do them any justice at all. All I can say is, do yourself a favor, go read it now, you won't be sorry. It is sublime. I adored it! What are you still doing here? Go. Read. Laugh. Bye. ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment