Monday, March 21, 2011

Naughty Girl for a Day - LizzyLillyRose


It is my absolute pleasure to have lizzylillyrose joining us today. I've rec'd several of her stories on this blog and am always in awe of what her mind comes up with. Her portrayal of Edward is dark and sexy in stories like, A Love Worth Everything and Addicted, but what she does with Carlisle in A Love In Control makes me melt.

~

Firstly I have to thank Cullen818 for inviting me to be a ‘Naughty Girl’ for the day. I have to admit, in good old fashioned ff language that I didn’t scream, gasp, pant, squeal or feel my panties dampen at the invitation – I just opened a bottle of wine and sat down and grinned widely!


My first thought was ‘what the hell do I write about?’ Will anyone want to listen to what I have to say? Will anyone in the Fandom have even heard of me? But as the wine kicked in my mind gradually started to form a plan.

Earth, Heaven and Hell...
So here I go…pimping some of my favourite stories on ff by the people that mean so much to me – the stories that I always giggle about when I see the little update message appear in my inbox.
There are so many brilliant stories out there at the moment and the quality of some of the writing never ceases to amaze me , but every so often a story grabs me and I cannot put in down or leave it alone . The desire to just keep reading takes over and nothing else matters until I’ve completely caught up and read the story to as far as it’s gone.



Summary: "It's funny how those memories they last…like strawberry wine, seventeen."… Two people, two love stories, two different times in life. A story of exploration, courage, and what it really means to love another over a lifetime.
Twitter: @kas90_
This story is 5 chapters in and I am so bowled over by the start that I know that it’s just going to keep pulling me in even further as it continues. The story is dealing with two different times in Bella's life and is told through detailed chapters as kas90 fills in the missing twenty three years. What happened to Bella when she was seventeen? What’s going to happen when a certain someone arrives back in her life when she’s forty? So many memories…

It's sad how usually our first love and our first heartbreak coincide with each other. Young, pure emotions shattered by the realities of life. It's not fair how we scar the emotions of our first romance with the pain of its ending. Our first love is supposed to be a monumental movement, a transition of sorts between the innocence of childhood and the demands of being an adult.

But I wondered, as I made my way back to the place where it all began, what really stuck with us more? Was the heart shaped by the cracks of past broken relationships, or was it formed delicately by those who have showed us love?

Life has a way of moving along without our consent. It doesn't pause, rewind, or fast forward. It has its own schedule, one that we must abide by. Fighting time isn't an option. But I have learned that time and life aren't at battle with each other. Life, fate, destiny are all set in time…and it all works out for us in the end.

Throughout my life, I have chosen to believe that love, in all forms, is a part of our destiny. He was a part of my destiny…even if only in the form of shaping my heart, molding my life as my one and only first love. He would always be my first…the question, however, that has burned in the back of my mind since I was seventeen years old was, would he be my last?

It's all building nicely as Bella travels 'home' to see Charlie after 23 years of living her life away from him. She fondly remembers how things used to be and how she’s changed. Then one morning she comes face to face with someone who she never thought she's see again, someone who she has never been able to forget.

They all nodded towards me and headed back to the truck. I went to go back into the house when Charlie held out his hand to stop me. "Wait for it…" he said. 
"Wait for what?" I asked, confused. 
"Alright, Charlie," a voice called as a man stepped out of the door-frame. "I put some of your box fans up and opened the windows…" He stopped mid sentence.
Holy shit.
Charlie stood grinning from ear to ear.
A smile slowly slid onto the man's face as his eyes took in my practically naked body.
"Wow," he began. "I can't believe it."
I stood there dumbfounded.
"You're looking really good, Bella," he drawled out slowly.
"Masen!" the boys called from the truck. "Let's go, buddy, clock's a tickin'!"
He smiled quickly before he bounded off towards the red engines. I turned around and watched as his form disappeared.
"You are one conniving old man, Charlie Swan," I mumbled seriously.
He went back to whistling and headed back inside the house as I stayed glued to my spot…watching in amazement as he drove away.

I love the way Kas90 writes her stories - they are always written with a delicate and tender approach with the voices of her characters explaining what's happening around them perfectly.

The chapters written from when Bella was a seventeen year old are so sweet and innocent. They play with the flirtatious minds of teenagers falling in love, and the emotions that crash through them at that age. They contrast brilliantly with the current time and how she’s feeling when confronted with the man she never stopped loving.

I adore this fic and strongly suggest you grab on whilst it's in its early stages. 

Kas90 also has 1 other story that is a WIP: ‘How HoboJoe stole Christmas’ and a recently completed story called 'Family Ties and Guarding Hearts’. Please check them all out . Kas90 really writes from the heart and has an amazing way of portraying her emotions into the stories. She is a hugely under reviewed author, so please give this and her other stories some serious love. You will not be disappointed.


Summary: Edward Cullen has the plane ride of his life when a mysterious flight companion changes his life in the blink of an eye. Edward will need the help of his wife, Isabella, to right the wrongs of his past before it's too late.

Twitter: @les_sh_16

What can I say about this? Hmmm...well for the first time ever in my life I read a story about Edward and Bella and found myself falling in lust with a different character, Seth, an angel! This story is all written in the third person, a hard task in itself – but Les 16 makes this work so wonderfully. Here’s his introduction.

"I'm an angel," the man named Seth said, then continued, "In fact, I'm your own personal guide to the afterlife. You have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it, so I've been sent to help you along."
Edward shook his head and signaled for the flight attendant. Surely he didn't hear what he just thought he did, he lamely tried to convince himself. He smiled as she approached. Edward Cullen had been using his natural born magnetism and charisma since before he knew what those two words meant to get what he wanted, especially from members of the opposite sex. This time was no different. He was going to demand to change his seat but when she approached and asked what he needed, the words he wanted to say got stuck in his throat.
When he glanced to his right to point out what his problem was…there was no one there. What the hell? So instead, Edward asked for a refill of his drink.
He felt his stomach churn again and seriously thought about suing the restaurant for serving food that made people hallucinate because there was no way in hell what he thought just happened, really happened. It wasn't possible.
"She can't see me, Eddie. In fact, no one but you has the pleasure of knowing of my existence. You should count yourself extremely fortunate," the deep, rich voice said.

Oh Gosh, I’m fanning myself already. Seth is one huge character in this story and Les16 also offers outtakes which concentrate on Seth’s existence whilst he is looking after his ‘charge’. He is witty, sarcastic and terribly fond of Edward who he needs to help sort his life out before he dies. The story is a WIP and currently 20 chapters in and Les16 is promising a HEA.

The frustration that Edward initially feels at the ‘Damn angel’s’ guidance gradually starts to subside and the new appreciation and understanding he feels for his wife, Bella, is beautifully told.

"No, damn it, I'm not doing okay! Do I look like I'm doing okay?" Edward practically shrieked as he flailed his hand around in a wide circular motion.
Seth let out an exasperated breath and shook his head. For days now Edward had been working himself up into a tizzy over the impending dinner with Isabella's family and for the life of him he didn't understand it. Surprisingly both Charlie and Reneé as well as Isabella's Nonna, Gianna, all liked Edward. Sure they didn't spend as much time with them as they would have liked and admittedly they didn't know him as well as they should seeing as he was married to their daughter, but all in all they liked him just fine.
Isabella was happy...or at least she appeared to be in their presence, and that was all that mattered to them.
"Boy, I swear you are the most dramatic human I've ever come across. Do you need some of my angelic 'mumbo jumbo' as you keep calling it to help calm your ass down or do you think you can manage to bring it down a notch or two on your own?" Seth remarked with a raised eyebrow.
Edward groaned and then pulled at his hair before flinging himself on his bed.
"I'm really fucking nervous about going over there, okay?" Edward said sharply, trying to take a few deep breaths to get control of his erratic heartbeat. "I don't want to fuck things up."
"Edward," the angel said with a shake of his head.
Good Lord the man would drive him to drink...if angels partook of such things.
As it was, the human tested his limits daily, a fact of which Gideon and the others were made well aware of...repeatedly.
Bella is a feisty character herself and has really started to come out of her shell in the last few chapters, and Edward’s softer, and more protective side has also emerged. The characters are written in such a tender way and it is completely heart-warming to read the words describing how much they are so in love with each other. And the recent sexual tension between Edward and Bella has practically had my computer screen on fire

Les16 is a fantastic updater and posts every Sunday, sending teasers out to everyone who reviews.
And, just as a final thought, I keep asking Les16 to put Seth in a loincloth…so far I’ve not had much luck. Maybe if we all start asking her she’ll do it!!

Summary: Her life was uneventful until she met a stunning, mysterious, obsessive man with a monstrous hidden past. What happens when the past catches up with him and throws them both into the unknown?
Twitter: @lizzylillyrose

Well this little fruitcake of a story is mine, and deals with a pretty dark Edward and bucket loads of mystery. Hell yeah, it’s Vamp time in Addicted. They are all over the place. Sometimes in the places you would surely least expect them! I’m 10 chapters into Addicted and the mystery is still building around the main characters.

There are new breeds and names beginning to pop up. Who's ever heard of Aswangs, Dhampires and Vamarests?

There’s mind reading and glamouring going on throughout the story. And who would have thought that a venomous vampire bite wouldn’t kill? Well…it hasn’t killed Bella, but why? How come she’s not dead or changing? And who’s Belicia? What’s the meaning of the ring?

You need to read to see what's going on but I thought I’d give you a little bit of Addictward, just to tempt you…

I don't know how long we stood there, staring at each other, but I saw that achingly familiar golden hue of his eyes and fell even more into his hypnotic hold over me.
"Bella…" he whispered, almost too quietly for me to hear.
Parting my lips, I watched his eyes slowly darken. I couldn't deny what I saw; it was lust. He wanted me. I could see it written so clearly all over his face. How could his mood change so quickly from blasé and moody to…to…desire?
But that didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was the pull I felt between the two of us, the electricity that generated between us, how I suddenly couldn't stop myself from flying into his arms to attack his lips.
His lips were the same as I remembered; their familiar touch and the taste of him from the other evening tantalising my senses once again, and while I moulded my lips around his, and our tongues touched, I felt those sparks, and I felt the fire.
He broke away, leaving me breathless. I stared at him, and his eyes returned the intenseness of the atmosphere between us.
"You are the only woman I want, Bella. And, if you agree, I intend to have you…" he backed me up, across the office until the back of my legs hit the edge of Carlisle's desk, "…on Creepy's desk."
He grinned at his own words and widened his eyes at the shock he saw in mine, seconds before his hands gently came to either side of my face, and his lips simultaneously crashed down onto mine again. This kiss was more forceful, his passion and need evident in every flick of his tongue against mine, and with every moan that escaped his strong body. His hands drifted down to my bottom and he effortlessly lifted me onto the edge of the desk. His knees pushed at my legs, and it was only seconds before he was standing fully in between my open thighs. The shortness of my dress had risen to the top of my legs, my panties exposed as his wandering dark eyes, the ones I recognised from the other night, took in my state of dishevelment. He inhaled deeply before holding my shoulders and, using his weight, pushed my upper body backwards, before his hands independently shoved everything on the desk crashing to the floor. I was vaguely aware of the lamp and the coffee cup smashing as they hit the ground, the cigar tin and in-tray crashing noisily as they followed.
"I want you to tell me that you want me to fuck you…on Creepy's desk," he breathed, his mouth next to my ear.

He’s a troubled soul with serious issues surrounding his existence. He’s always been a bad boy but lives quite a lonely solitary life. Can Bella save him? You’ll have to read to find out!

And finally – a huge thanks to Cullen818 for letting me have my rambling say. I hope you all enjoyed my recommendations and look forward to hearing from you.

Lizzylillyrose
xxx














No comments:

Post a Comment