Monday, March 22, 2010

Voter's Pick - Thirsty

Before we kick off this week, Kathy and I would like to thank Carol for all of the hard work she put into making these awesome contest banners. They are all amazing and I know that I would love to enter a contest that Carol was making a banner for. Thanks Carol! You made this contest possible!


Today, I would like to present to you the voter's pick winner from the Show Us Your Dark Side Contest. I want to take this time to thank emznluv for entering the contest and for writing one hell of an amazing o/s. I did an interview with Emznluv and this is what she had to say:

1. Your Jasper was very dark, did you find it difficult to write Darksper?

It wasn't really difficult because I've always seen Jasper as a pensive and profound character. I knew there would be more going on in his mind than he lets on, and once I began to imagine what he would brood on, it came easily to me.

2. What inspired you to start writing fanfiction?

I've always loved writing, and hadn't done much with it lately. Once I started reading fanfic, I was totally sucked in...I was enthralled by the creativity authors possessed with characters we already know and love. With such amazing stories as Clipped Wings & Inked Armor and University of Edward Masen dominating my mind, it was only a matter of time before I tried my hand at my own stories.

3. What is it about Jasper that makes you a Team Jasper writer?

Well, I always liked Jasper's character in the original Saga, but he obviously wasn't much in the forefront. I adore Jackson Rathbone, and ever since he brought Jasper to life in the movies, I've focused more and more on Jasper...to the point that I am now hopelessly and blissfully lost! I started reading Jasper-centric fics and loved them, and now that is where my fic-brain is dwelling!

4. What is your favorite Jasper to write? And why? (Darksper, Geeksper, Emosper, etc)

I love a strong, sensual Jasper, but I also tend to write him as tormented and emotional. It really stems from how, with Jasper's original Saga power of emotional sensitivity, he seems to translate into a very empathetic and profound human. Another fic that I'm writing, called When Edward Was Dead is a strong example of the "Emosper" that comes naturally to me. Jasper, in my mind, is always strong, always there for the people in his life, but full of inner demons and always infused with an undercurrent of emotions.

5. After you decided to enter the contest, how did you come up with the idea to write Thirsty?

It's actually kind of funny how I came about entering the contest. I simply stumbled upon the contest page, and was reading up on it, reading the guidelines and such, and BOOM. The idea for Thirsty hits me. I hadn't originally planned on entering a contest or anything, as I had just finished a one-shot for a different contest...but once the idea for Thirsty hit me, I could not get it out of my head, and within a short while I decided to sit down and write. I wrote the story in one night. It really just took on a life of its own, and I'm so glad people seemed to enjoy it. Jasper's voice is certainly screaming to be heard, so a JPOV will be coming eventually. I want to thank the organizers of the contest, it was a lot of fun, and thank you to everyone for reading and showing the story some love!

Emznluv has written two other stories, When Edward Was Dead and Hide N Seek, if you haven't read them yet be sure to check them out.

The Naughty Girls Have Their Say...

JaspersDarlinKathy - So I have to say that this o/s was well worth it. I loved it. Jasper was so extremely sexy. I mean, hello, he was thirsty all right, but not for her blood. This o/s is extremely fuckhot and you have got to get on over to Emznluv's profile and read it.

Cullen818 - This one left me thirsty for more. I can definitely see why you all picked this for the voter's choice winner. Jasper knew exactly what he wanted, and he took it. Lucky Bella! The lemon in this one should come with a change of panties warning, I'm just saying. It's that hot! And, I loved Jasper's last bit of dialog.

TwiCarol - A well-deserved winner of the Voter’s Pick, this hot little o/s left me panting for more. I think we definitely need to see more of this Jasper! Who wouldn’t love to have Jasper say these words to them? "It isn't your blood that I thirst for." Holy Hotness Batman! Fantastic o/s, great writing… go read it, if you haven’t already!

No comments:

Post a Comment