Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Completed Fic - Into Strangers


Jasper/Bella

Summary - AH, AU, OOC. "...tears oozing from my eyes. I was certain that this was the last I would be seeing of him for a long time." Angry and devastated, Bella makes a decision that will change her life forever.


What a tortured little fic this was, and I mean that in a good way. Jasper and Bella have an on again/off again relationship that lasts for twelve years. It's a give and take, push and pull type of love that isn't particularly the healthiest kind of relationship. Jasper is a non-committal, "love her and leave her" type of guy, but he's young and needs to find his way. Bella is devoted, but how much can a girl take?

As far as completed fics go, this one is only nine chapters, but it's very well-developed. Chapter one was the o/s for The Love of Jasper contest, so it was an extra bonus to have the additional chapters. I love mopstyle's flow and creativity. Yes, it's a depressing theme, but sometimes you need more than just hearts and flowers. I enjoyed it.


I came across this fic earlier in the week and found it to be very well-written, and certainly not your average love story by any means. My heart broke for both Bella and Jasper in this story. They travel a hell of a road, together and apart, so don't think this is going to be light, fluffy fare. It's definitely worth reading as the author is very talented, so go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment