Saturday, August 21, 2010

TwiCarol Brings You Some Light In The Dark


So I've been on a bit of a AH Edward/Bella kick lately, as you may or may not have noticed. Not only that, but I've been actively searching out stories that make me laugh too. Real life can really get you down some days (or most days, depending) and, as we all know, FF is a great way to escape reality for a while. I have read some really fantastic fics lately that have lifted my spirits a lot and I wanted to share them with you too. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

The Misapprehension of Bella Swan by hunterhunting

FanFiction Summary - The Misapprehension of Bella Swan Regarding the Inferior Intellect of Hockey Players: Through incessant stalking and persistence, can Edward wear down Bella's resistence and teach her to embrace her inner puck bunny? A ridiculous love story. AH/OCC

The Misapprehension of Bella Swan Regarding the Inferior Intellect of Hockey Whores by hunterhunting

Twilighted Summary - Edward Cullen is an anomaly as far as Bella Swan is concerned, defying all her preconceived notions about the whorishness of hockey players. Through incessant stalking and persistence, can Edward wear down Bella's resistence and teach her to embrace her inner hockey hooker? A ridiculous love story.

I decided to rec this story first since the epilogue just posted this week, so it's complete and you can read it straight through. I absolutely adore this version of Edward and Bella and I am going to miss my weekly dose of them so much. I read this fic on Twilighted, since they embrace the whole NC17 thing. Edward is a well-known ice-hockey player and Bella is the step-sister of one (Emmett). The story starts off with Bella stating this... All hockey players are whores. She goes on to explain in her own inimitable way that she knows this is a blanket statement, but she firmly believes it to be true. And thus we have the basis for this truly fantastic read. Turns out that Edward isn't quite the whore that he has been made out to be, and Bella comes to discover that her blanket statement is not completely accurate. She also finds herself becoming a hockey hooker, but only for Edward and his Monster Cock. Yes, I said Monster Cock and yes, I capitalized it. MC deserves respect for his amazing abilities. You'll see what I mean when you read this awesome fic. This Bella says a lot of inappropriate things and it makes me (and Edward) love her all the more. Here is just one fine example of Bella's verbal fuckery... I tell his teammates jizz tastes like shit, even if they eat pineapple. I don't actually know if this is true, but it makes for interesting conversation. It usually pisses Emmett off enough that he ushers me out and sends me home in a cab, which is fine by me.

This story is filled with lots of lemony goodness, great snort-coffee-out-your-nose dialogue and some bumps in the road for these two crazy lovebirds. I highly recommend reading it, if you are feeling a bit down. It will definitely put a smile on your face. There's a reason it has so many reviews... because it's damn brilliant! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment