Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lady Tazz Recs The Girl Under The Bed by Nostalgicmiss




 Jasper/Bella
 
Bella Swan is homeless in one of the worst winters Seattle has seen. When hope is gone, and things take a turn for the worst a mysterious stranger steps in to help, turning her life upside down. Changing her life forever. AH/AU
 


I read this amazing story in three days, and I shed many tears.


Bella is homeless, due the system failing her. She fights every day just to survive.

She meets Jasper in a heartbreaking way and her life changes, till there is a misunderstanding, that pushes her away. She goes on her journey of self discovery and forgiveness! 

 Bella seems to always makes the wrong choices, but she learns from them eventually.

Everyone has a different idea what a HEA means. Most think it means marriage, babies and a white picket fence.  Well, life doesn't real happen that way, does it?


My definition of an HEA (happily ever after) is that your main characters are in a better place at the end, then when they started.


That being said, I do believe this story is an HEA!




From chapter 1:

Fate is a fickle friend, it turns it's back on you, mocks you and then throws you into the impossible. I could handle the mocking, it was the rest that crumbled me and put me in the worst possible situation.

Some may say I chose this, that I did this to myself. As far as the current situation went, I did; but it was better than the alternative.

My mother, Renee, left my father and I when I was three. I had been too young for it to affect me then, but as I grew older and learnt the reason behind it, it stung.

She'd never been the most stable person, Charlie constantly told me about the oddball things she used to do, I would laugh with him, but I could see the pain behind his eyes. He'd never gotten over her.

She's left us because she wanted her freedom, didn't want to be tied down. She was tired of playing second best to Charlie's job and she'd never wanted a child so early in life. So she left us in the night, leaving a note for Charlie saying she couldn't pretend any more.

I haven't heard from her since. Fourteen years, I was motherless. Still, even that didn't hurt as much as what I had to go through almost eighteen months ago. I was fifteen, and he left me alone. I had been through so many emotions, anger, pain, anxiousness, but now it was just sadness.

Charlie had been the commander of the Seattle SWAT team since I could remember, his men respected him and they were always considered friends once they served under him. They were my extended family. His best friend Brian was always my uncle Brian. His wife, Debbie, answered any, if not all, questions I had about being a woman.

Charlie kept up with the best of them, he was still so young, he and Renee had gotten pregnant when they were both eighteen. He was only thirty four when he died. It had been an accident, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

One of his men had been in the line of fire, and Charlie made sure to get him out of harms way, but had been shot in the process. They did everything they could to save him, the bullet had entered just under his ribs and hit most of his major arteries before exiting on the other side through his lung.

That night, in that hospital waiting room, I lost my father, my best friend, and the only person who'd ever loved me. Renee never came, nobody knew where she was, but I doubted she would have come even if she'd known. We'd still lived in the same house all of these years and she'd never tried to find us.
   
 
 
~~~Now, go grab the tissues and go read~~~
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment