Saturday, March 5, 2011

TwiCarol's Fic Rec - Tunes with Tony Masen by Just4ALE

And now for something completely different...

Edward/Bella

Summary - Our late night calls were fascinating. His attitude in person was frustrating. Stupid radio host with the velvety, seductive voice. Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde? Will the real Tony Masen please stand up? AH. M for language and lemonade.

This is another fic that I've had on my TBR list for quite a while. I started it in this week & I'm now hooked! I'm only on chapter 15 of the 23 chapters posted so far, but I'm taking a break from reading to tell you all to go read it too. I won't take too long since I'm dying to carry on reading. :) I have not read anything like this story before & I find myself loving it. I can't tell you too much about it because you need to be surprised by all the twists & turns like I was. Izzy/Bella witnessed something deeply traumatic when she was young & it has left her with issues about letting people get close to her that are completely understandable. She goes for counselling with her therapist, Jasper, and that's how we learn about her past. One of the only "relationships" that she does have is with a late night DJ called Tony Masen, who plays music from the 70's & asks trivia questions that Izzy calls in to answer. They begin to chat off-air, but that's as far as it goes for a long time. You see, it turns out that Tony has issues of his own that he's dealing with, which we don't really find out about until chapter 14. Until all that happens, there's some great story & character building. Don't expect any of these characters that we've come to know so well to be obvious or predictable. This story is very original. I was reading along merrily and then suddenly chapter 9 happens & this story kicks OFF! I get breathless just telling you about it. So much action & a great developing storyline, this is a must read if you are looking for something different. It might take you a few chapters to get into it, since it's a while until they meet face to face but, believe me, the pay off is SO worth it! It's set in San Francisco & the author incorporates locations & events that give the story a lovely, realistic feel. There are no lemons yet, but the UST is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I am rooting for these two to get their HEA eventually, after all they've been through. So go read it & be sure leave the author some love. She deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment