Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday One Shot Wonder Recs


Jasper/Bella

Summary- Five years after the Cullens left, 23 year old Bella has finished College and is back home with her father. It's Christmas Eve, but it's not Santa who's paying Bella a visit this year. Entry for the Nightmare Before Christmas Contest.






Yum! I'm a sucker for Darksper and he's pretty luscious in this fic. Jasper pays Bella a Christmas visit, but what happens when she turns the tables on him? Were these two really meant to be? This is a truly mesmerizing o/s, but its dark and grim,. So, be warned.


I knocked on the door lightly but the sound carried through the house.

“Just a second,” she called out, her blurry form coming into view through the frosted glass. “Who is it?” The rattling of the safety chain on the door. A click as the lock released. “It's a little late for carollers.”

Then there was silence. There was just her and me and her big brown eyes as they stared back at a face she hadn't seen in half a decade, yet which had not changed. My name fell from her lips in a whispered prayer as it registered with her who was standing in her doorway. I smiled, marvelling at the sound, wishing she would say it again.

Jasper...

“I knew you were here.” She turned her back on me and walked back to the lounge letting the door swing open. “Shut the door and wipe the snow off your boots.”

“You knew it was me?” I was curious how she could possibly know. I had been more than careful. I took the seat she indicated on the sofa.

“Well, I knew it was one of you. I could feel it. I'm remarkably attuned to the presence of vampires even now,” she shrugged. “I had hoped I would never need to be again but apparently that was too much to ask.” She sounded bitter; like a jilted lover who has had time to think and calm down and collect themselves but still doesn't understand why and thinks she is owed an explanation. “Are you alone?”

I nodded.

“Why?” She turned to me, her eyes wide and expectant. “Why are you here? Why now? You left. You left me. You all left me. What the hell gives you the right to just turn up on my doorstep without so much as a 'Merry Fucking Christmas'?” Her voice shook a little with barely concealed anger and she stared into my eyes, daring me to give her a reason, daring me to try to explain why we had done what we did to her.

I can't. She doesn't deserve one.

I shrugged. “Why not? Catchin' up with old friends is what you do over the Holidays isn't it?”







Edward/Bella


Summary: Bella is forced to tackle the crowds on Black Friday with her best friend, Angela. Can a random text message from a wrong number change the course of her day and her life? Banter galore! AH. VOTER'S CHOICE WINNER for the Naughty & Nice Holiday Contest!


This was an entry for the Twi-Muses Naughty or Nice Holiday Contest, and it won voters naughty choice. In my book this one shot is total win. Bella has a mysterious stranger text her, after a few texts she learns his name is Edward. They continue to text and get to know each other over the next several hours. What happens that causes Edward to beg Bella, to let him call her? Something happens in a changing room after he calls that is very naughty. This One shot is very sweet and hot, trust me.



 




1 comment:

  1. OMG, thanks for recc'ing F&I. I didn't even realise until I went to clear out my reader.
    I really should keep up with it better.

    ReplyDelete