Monday, February 28, 2011

Naughty Girl For A Day - Jasper's Izzy


OMJ!!! So many things excite me these days...fabulous AH Edward fics, well-written D/s stories starring any of those hawt Cullen men and a yummy, tasteful Jasper/Edward pairing were the emotional connection warms my heart. And, then there are all of those amazing Fandom authors who write all of that sexy, steamy free fiction for us!  How lucky are we?  The talent that is coming into the Fandom these days is unreal, and I can hardly keep up. But, there are a few authors that I savor and will read anything they write. I may or may not secretly fangirl over a few ;)

Today, I'm pleased to squee over one of my ALL TIME FAVE AUTHORS! She's not only a brilliant author, but an extremely cool person and I'm honored to call her my friend! Please join me in welcoming Jasper's Izzy as our Guest Naughty Girl. When I think of the leading dark authors running around here, she's always front and center. Right now Love My Hate and Bound By Promises own me. She's not afraid to push that envelope, so if you're looking for fics that hold nothing back, go visit her profile page!


Wow! I'm beyond excited to be a Naughty Girl for a day. I feel so... naughty. (hehe) Thanks for having me, Naughty Girls!

So, when I was asked to post something today, I wondered long and hard about just what I could talk about that might be remotely interesting, and really couldn't come up with a whole lot. Then, Friday night I got in one of those really rare moods to read and decided to find a good story. I don't really get to read much anymore with everything I have going on, so when the chance comes up for me to do so, I find myself wanting to engross myself in a fic that blows my mind.

I combed through story after story, trying to find a good vamp fic to read, and shockingly I came up short. I found nothing that looked interesting, even after three hours of filtering through the four major sites I read from, that I hadn't already read. To say I was disappointed is a vast understatement. I was actually kind of pissed off about it, because heaven knows I found lots of All Human stories.

Now, I can appreciate a good AH story any day, especially the D/s stories that I just love to drool over (inserts drool to prove a point), so I'm not hatin' on them, I just prefer Vamp stories when possible. I am a dark h00r and all. The vamp fics are where my love really lies in the FanFiction world, and it was what I was wanting to read when I set out in search of a good fic.

Usually I can find a few gems here and there that haven't been discovered yet, but after staying up until the wee hours of the morning with no success, I decided to let my voice be heard.

WHERE ARE ALL THE VAMP FICS???

It seems like more and more lately, all that is posted is AH. Again, not hatin', just observing. What's the deal? Why does it feel like we're leaving the true essence of Twilight behind by not posting more vamp fics? Is there just a lack of interest to write them, or are those writing AH stories just looking at the reviews counts for other AH stories and trying to reach that goal? It's a harsh thing to say, but honestly, I've seen people talk about their fics with this mentality. It's... annoying.

I don't want this to be a rant post, and that's not my intention, but I do want to send a call out to my fellow sisters (and brothers) in the FF community and ask … WTMF? We need more vamp fics peeps. I'm not talking dark stories here (although those are nice). I'm talking about just plain ol' vamps. Stories set before, during, or after the saga... alternate universe... something original? Why are there so few of these being posted these days?

I don't have an answer to this question, but I'd like to see it rectified. If you have an idea for a new vamp fic, what's holding you back? Let's remember where Twilight FF started... with the vamps.
k
So, with that being out of the way, I'd like to give you a few of my favorite dark and naughty vamp fics to read. I'm not going to review them, just throw a few at you so you can read them if you find yourself in the same boat as me. This is the “Izzy's favorite vamp fics” list, and I hope you enjoy these fics as much as I have.

If you have a favorite vamp fic, leave a comment telling us what it is so that maybe someone else looking for vamp fics might be able to find it. I know I'd love to read more well written stories starting this loveable characters in their original form.

Edward/Bella

by
mothlights

Edward is a rebellious newborn lashing out at those who try to help him. At his wit's end, Carlisle asks Isabella, the woman who was once his mentor, to take Edward in until his bloodlust cools. ExB Very AU - COMPLETE
by
Missypooh

It's 4 years after Edward leaves Bella. There are no werewolves. Bella & Jake were never more than friends. Bella has grown up, graduated from College, has a boyfriend & is moving back to Seattle to attend Law School when her path crosses Edward's. EPOV

by
YellowGlue

a tale of pirouettes and prayers. Marseilles and a mosaic-heart. whispers and white dahlias. leg warmers and LSD. Turtle and tutus. SixtyFour and "Since I've been Loving You". lies and lilacs. truth and the trouble with it. blood… and bearing a grudge.
by
elusivetwilight

Incubus: a sex demon that visits women in the deep dark of the night. Edward relies on his special gifts to consume his prey. What happens when he meets the one woman immune to his unique abilities? M for dark lemons and dark themes
by
Glasscannon.lj
New Moon AU. During Bella's run in with Laurent, what if the wolves had shown up just a few minutes later? Those minutes change Bella's life forever, and she must learn to deal with the consequences. Nominated for two Twific Indie Awards

by
kharizzmatik

Everyone thinks Bella was killed shortly after Edward left her but 36 years later she reappears in Forks. Who attacked her? How's life been for the Cullen's? Where has Bella been? Will they be reunited? AU after Edward's departure in New Moon M LEMONS

Jasper/Bella

by
heavyinfinity

Bella struggles to survive on her own after Edward leaves her. A chance encounter with Jasper will alter life for both of them. BxJ. Rated M for language, adult situations, and eventual lemons.
by
KT8818

Isabella swan knows the deadly secret of professor Cullen, but she can't help being attracted to him. What happens when all her fantasies come true?


by
Jazzella

What was the real story behind Jasper's almost-attack on Bella at the birthday party? And what does it have to do with a mysterious history project?
by
Janna Banna

4 years after Edward left Bella in the forest; Bella is finally moving forward, but it is someone from her past that helps her truly heal and obtain the future she was always meant to have. Bella and Jasper Fanfic.
by
NCChris

Set about 6 months after the fateful 18th Birthday party from New Moon, the Cullens have left. A horrible tragedy strikes the Cullens. Can Bella help the remaining members heal? Bella/Jasper. M for language and sexual content.

by
JaspersSweetie

One unsuspecting woman and her mate will fulfill a prophecy and change the face of the supernatural world forever. AU. Rated MA for mature readers only. Jasper/Bella pairing.

by
forthelongestday


When Edward confesses his reasons for leaving, Bella finds that she cannot give him a second chance.  Her insistence for closure in the wake of a second departure is met with the realization that one of the Cullens refuses to leave her unprotected again.  AU, rated for bad words, violence, and eventual naughty times.

This is not a complete list of my favorites, but a few I'd like to mention. I didn't list Cullen818 or Jaspers Darlin' Kathy's stories, because those should be a given being here. Those are some of my all time favorites as well. This is just a short list of some of the dark and naughty that I've enjoyed completely. I hope you enjoy them as well, if you haven't read them already.


Let's see if we can get back to writing some awesome vamp fics again. The fandom is seriously lacking in this department, and that totally sucks for us vamp lovers out here.


Thanks for having me! It was a huge honor to be here today!


No comments:

Post a Comment