Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday One Shot Wonder Recs


In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I found the sweetest little oneshot and I had to share.

Jasper/Edward

Summary - Jasper is studying to be an IT tech, and is working his way through college as a barista. He makes a mean cup of coffee, and has a flair for coffee art. But is his latte the only thing that keeps a certain customer coming back day after day?

We all know I love the heat and the smut especially when it comes to Jasper and Edward, but one of my fave things about reading a slash piece is the emotional connection that some authors can get out of E/J. I've never read anything by naelany before, but I can assure you I'm going to rectify that.

This was such a touching little fic. It's done with word prompts and reads as a bunch of drabbles that blend the story together. It's amazing. Jasper appears to be the confident one, but underneath it all he's shy and innocent. And, Edward is patient and just yummy.

If you're looking for a little fluff, try this one out especially if you're not really into the graphic slash. This story is perfect to start out with.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Edward/Bella

Summary - AH/AU Bella Swan is very anti-Valentine's Day, but what happens when a secret admirer is persistent in making her his? It's going to be a day that she'll never forget.

I went looking for a Valentine's o/s & found this one by TallulahBelle, talented author of the recently completed Elemental. I enjoyed this rather long o/s thoroughly. After losing touch over the years in high school when Edward became one of the popular kids, Bella starts receiving gift after gift from an unknown admirer. Needless to say, this irrates the hell out of her as she hates anything to do with Valentine's Day. Suspecting it's a joke, she ends up getting the surprise of her life. Amusing, witty & well-written, this o/s is a great read & left me with a smile on my face & a warm feeling in my heart.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

And for your viewing pleasure... click & lick to enlarge... it's a wallpaper. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment